Posted February 13, 2024
We’re hiring a Systems Engineer who believes in the power of teamwork to improve the lives of patients and caregivers. Could it be you?
CMD MedTech is a consulting firm in Columbus, Ohio with a focus on getting innovative medical devices to market… and keeping them there. We were founded in 2016 and have continued to grow each year! Our clients range from nurses with an innovative product idea to Fortune 50 “big players” working hard to launch the next game-changing, life-saving products.
Our team of experts is just that: a team. Our clients value us not only for our individual contributions, but also the breadth and depth of knowledge that our team brings to the table.
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer that brings a collaborative and complementary skillset to our team, along with an eagerness to learn and grow. Our ideal candidate brings both technical chops and a customer-first, listen-first, and team-first attitude. Our personal relationships with our clients, focused on trust and openness, are just as important as the technical products and services we generate!
We’re looking for a savvy Systems Engineer who has a reputation for making things happen and bringing individuals together to solve problems. How will we know you are the perfect match?
- You can easily transition between efficiently performing detailed “heads-down” technical work and effectively leading team meetings and discussions.
- You’re willing to learn and follow CMD and industry-driven best practices and adapt as they change over time.
- You’re excited to experience a diversity of clients, projects, and products.
- You feel comfortable leading a team of clients and internal staff through technical discussions or high-level brainstorming sessions.
- You can work within a defined budget and schedule and can proactively inform your project lead or manager when projections need adjusted.
- You always have an eye for how your work and decisions impact all stakeholders—including our clients and the patients they serve.
- You believe that teamwork and open, honest communication improves outcomes for CMD and our clients.
- You have an interest in cross-disciplinary aspects of medical device development.
- You can speak the language of an engineer, a project manager, and an end-user.
- You believe early communication of problems is always better than a surprise.
- You can adapt to different personality styles and customer cultures.
- You are interested in learning and growing alongside the organization.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude that you are committed to embracing daily to create value for CMD and our clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering consulting services to our clients, which may include:
- Developing requirements (e.g., draft, review, and discuss with stakeholders)
- Supporting safety risk management efforts (e.g., planning, developing and leading discussions about risk assessments)
- Authoring and executing verification and validation efforts (e.g., plans, protocols, and reports)
- Participating in design review meetings
- Assistance with task planning and leadership
- Additional areas you may support depending on skillset and interest:
- Regulatory strategies and submissions
- Compliance engineering (e.g., IEC 60601-1, IEC 62304)
- Supporting software and cybersecurity efforts (e.g., planning, security risk management, issue tracking, regulatory guidance)
- Manufacturing process development and process validation
- Computer Software Assurance / Validation
- Tracking your time and adhering to a defined budget and schedule.
- Identifying new areas of support for your current client projects.
- Supporting CMD’s sales, marketing, and operations activities as assigned.
- Demonstrating CMD’s core values.
- Following CMD’s operations processes.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, biomedical, or computer science engineering (or related field).
- 1 – 5 years of experience in an interdisciplinary product development environment or relevant coursework or internships.
- This position offers a combination of in-person and work from home opportunities. Candidates must live in the Columbus area. Travel requirements for all staff are project-dependent but are generally less than 25%. Our benefits include a 401(k), health insurance, long term disability and life insurance, and a competitive salary, vacation, and holiday package.
CMD MedTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Direct applications only. To apply, send your information to info (@) cmdmedtech.com with SYSENG24 in the subject line.